If you are planning to go on a trip with your cat, it would be so stressful for your pet if you will not have a carrier. The carrier is as important as your cat itself. Cats find it more comfortable to be in a carrier thank being just inside a car. They can, however, last well in a car, but not all the time.
What is the cost of the cat carrier
Cat carriers come in different sizes, different qualities, different manufacturers, and different designs and so on. There is no uniform price for the carriers; hence it is not easy to quantify the price of a carrier. There are many collections of cat carriers, with their pricing and design indicated. According to this site, price ranges from as low as $20 to as much as $300. Basically, this range of price covers various models of cat carriers that you might need to choose from.
What are the causes of price variances of carriers?
Many factors bring about the variation in prices. They include:
- The size of the carrier. The larger the carrier, the more expensive it is likely to cost. The opposite is true as well.
- Design. The design varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some have more than one kennel while others have one. The more the kennels, the higher the price and the fewer they are, the cheaper it becomes.
- Durability. Some cat carriers are made to last for long, while others only last for a short time. This is one of the main factors that cause major price variations.
- Location of delivery. The further you are from the point of delivery, the more the cost is likely to be high to the transportation factor. The closer you are from the source of supply, the cheaper your carrier will be.
- Materials used in manufacture are also a major contributor to price variation. Some materials are more durable than others. The stronger, durable material will cause the carrier to cost more than the light materials.
Where can I buy the carrier for my cat?
You can get the carrier of your choice for your pet from a local store near you. If it is not available you can contact your local telephone directory and make an order through telephone or email. You can also buy your carrier online via websites such as any good ecommerce site. You will have a chance to compare many factors before settling on one to buy. You can do the comparison online as it has more brands and descriptions as compared even to the local stores.
What is the importance of cat carriers?
If you are planning to go on a trip out with your cat, one of the most important things not to forget to carry is the cat carrier. The comfort of your cat is any journey that should be of paramount importance to you. Carriers will make your pets to enjoy the journey in entirety.
It is important to go out with individual carriers for an individual pet. Do not have two or more pets in one carrier as this will cause them to be very uncomfortable. It is, however, possible to carry two cats in one carrier, but it is always good to have them in different kennels.
Which are better, smaller or bigger carriers?
Any size is good, but not all the time. Basically, your cat should have enough space to stand, turn around, sit and even play around. It is good to have a carrier that is about two times bigger than the actual size of the cat. The bigger the carrier, the more uncomfortable it becomes because your cat won’t be stable as it will be sliding from one side to another when in motion.
How long can a cat stay in a carrier?
On a long trip, your cat can last for up to 6 hours in a carrier. However, if the trip takes more time to complete, you will need to let it out often, to take some rest, meals and drink water.
Can a cat be comfortable in the car without a carrier?
Generally, a cat won’t have trouble traveling in the car without a carrier; however, you will not want to expose it to an airbag, as it may have more damaging effects on your cat.
You May Also Like
Saundra J. Graves is a housewife. Love to keep my cats happy always. Also, I want to make sure another person take caring their cats and kittens. Stay with my personal blog to know caring tips and review of cat food.