Dandruff in a cat can be so embarrassing. It could mean that you as the cat owner are not responsible for the general cleanliness of your cat. One can also say that you don’t care about the well-being of your pet. Dandruff can make your cat feel so itchy, experience dry, dull, and flaky. This will lead to a massive loss of hair. The reason is that your cat will be grooming itself every moment. It will make your cat feel so uncomfortable too. Your cat may start experiencing a lot of nervousness as well. Being a cat owner always rid your cat of dandruff.
- 1 What causes dandruff in cats?
- 1.1 Is it really normal for your cat to have dandruff?
- 1.2 How then do you treat dandruff in your cat?
- 1.3 If a cat has stress, can it get dandruff?
- 1.4 How does one moisturize the cat’s skin?
- 1.5 Vaseline is known to protect and moisten dry skin. Is it good for cat skin too?
- 1.6 Itchy skin is a sign of dandruff in cats. How can I soothe?
- 2 Conclusion
What causes dandruff in cats?
Cat dandruff is commonly caused by things such as:
- Dirty environment, especially in areas when t lives and sleep.
- Dandruff can easily be transmitted from one cat to another due to skin-to-skin contact.
- It can also be caused by the extreme loss of natural oils and skin moisture.
- A poor diet too can be another cause of the cat’s dandruff infection. To mitigate this, always feed your cat with food containing omega 3 and vitamins.
- The hydration problem is also the main cause of this condition.
- Allergies too are rampant in causing dandruff in cats.
Is it really normal for your cat to have dandruff?
It is quite normal for your cat to have dandruff because it is actually the waste from dead skin cells. It is normal and healthy for any cat. However, if not handled carefully, it will become a full-blown problem.
How then do you treat dandruff in your cat?
If your cat has long hair, brush it daily. On the other hand, if it is a short-haired cat, do it at least three times a week. Aside from brushing, also give your cat a warm bath. Bath reduces by large amount dandruff by a big margin. When bathing, use both a shampoo and a moisturizer and a conditioner.
This helps the skin to be clean and soft. In return, it minimizes or even clears dandruff in the skin of your cat.
If a cat has stress, can it get dandruff?
It can cause. Dandruff comes from dead skin cells which usually dry out. Usually, it happens as a result of allergic dermatitis. This is a reaction that makes your cat’s skin itchy, scaly and even dry. If then your cat is sensitive to stress, then it can actually cause dandruff.
How does one moisturize the cat’s skin?
Dry cat skin is one of the causes of dandruff. It is therefore important to keep your cat’s skin soft always.
Any of the following products can help moisten your cat’s skin. They are:
- Omega 3 fatty acid supplement. It comes packed with vitamins that your cat really needs.
- In arid areas, always use humidifiers. It greatly helps and protects your cat’s skin from becoming dry.
- Use coconut oil to help moisten and heal your cat’s skin. This agent mostly works well in your cat’s dry areas.
Vaseline is known to protect and moisten dry skin. Is it good for cat skin too?
Vaseline is good for any skin. It will give your cat very soft and moist skin. When you apply Vaseline, especially to the nose, it helps in preventing painful cracks. Painful cracks are usually associated with cold in cats.
Itchy skin is a sign of dandruff in cats. How can I soothe?
Dandruff can make your cat’s skin really itchy and uncomfortable. You can help your cat by soothing its skin. Give him gentle strikes all over his body and it will reduce itching.
Get the help of your vet on the best medicine to cure this condition. Regularly groom your cat for the best skin and coat health. Gently bathe it, but don’t do it so much. You can as well get some herbal medication for your cat.
The health of your cat is so important. Make him happy and relaxed always by making sure that he has the best medical attention. Give your cat full of nutrients and vitamins. These are necessary for bodybuilding. They are also good for body protection and immunity.
In case of any slight difference in the health of your cat, make sure that you always consult your vet. Always monitor your cat for any sign of dandruff and any other health condition. Make your cat happy, relaxed and confident.
You May Also Like
Saundra J. Graves is a housewife. I love to keep my cats happy always. Also, I want to make sure another person takes caring their cats and kittens. Stay with my personal blog to know caring tips and reviews of cat & dog food, other products also.